Friday, September 26, 2008

Encounter

The past week I have had a single prayer, a prayer to encounter.  I work for a ministry, yet day after day I would go to work allowing life to happen to me.   A good friend was talking about how each day she has the decision to be joyful, and recently realized she could change her attitude.  In the same way I have realized that I can bring an expectation to encounter Christ in each situation. It seems simple and obvious, but dozens of times I have shown up to bible study without expectations, and have left unchanged.  The past week I have been blown away.  I knew God was everywhere, but He literally is.  I wake up with excitement, knowing that today I have another chance to encounter Christ.  My expectations have put me on the constant lookout and I have seen the Lord working, continually shaping, healing and challenging me.  I have seen reconciliation in relationships, healing of heart, inspirational depth and passion in others and opportunities for growth.  Again and again I have encountered the deep, personal and passionate love Christ has for me and each day it is life changing.  

2 comments:

Jessica Miller said...

I love hearing this...My theme lately has been Choose Life (name of my blog) and thanks to Deuteronomy 30... :) I have been inspired to do exactly that! :) You are doing Annika! Remind yourself of that! YOU are living for Christ and that is an exciting thing! I am super proud of you and know that you bring such joy and light to the folks you meet in TN and they are better for knowing you! Keep up this adventure...there are more to come!
Loving you!
JMill :)

Jessica Miller said...

PS what are your plans for Christmas/New Years?
trailmix26@comcast.net